Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no display on monitor 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennie12

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2002
GB
i have a AP400 pc and win 2000 installed. when i boot up the pc it starts ok but there is no display on the screen as the power on the monitor turns amber. Previously when i reboot the pc about 4 times it works ok, but recently i get no display at all. I am sure that the monitor is ok as i have tested it on its own. pls help.

Take the cover off the PC and check that the graphics card is seating properly. Also make sure that you are not connecting the monitor to the on-board graphics slot if you are using a graphics card.

Regards
Phil

I'm assuming this PC was working fine until this started, and you didn't make any changes to your system prior to this starting?
Do you even get to see the POST occur or does the monitor never display an image? If so, your card may be fried. Reply back with answers.

thanx. i actually hear the POST bleep going on about four bleeps for three times, and there is no display what so ever..... i actually replaced the graphic card and the problem was the same. could it be that the pin on the cable is broken .......but should not prevent signal or could it ?

It would be easy to check the pins to make sure they are intact, but you said this monitor works fine on another PC, right?
You are getting three cycles of 4 beeps when you boot?! Normally, a correctly booting PC should only beep once. More beeps indicates a problem. What kind of mobo do you have, there are sites that help you decode the beeps to tell you what's wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back