Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Display No Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfs

ISP
Jul 7, 2001
US
Ok,

Hope someone can help. Turn system on, message in monitor is no input signal but monitor working. Checked all external connection, all nice a secure. (mind you the machine was working fine the nite before) Nothing has been changed since the time of shutdown the nite before to the next morning. Ive reseated all the cards, memory and processor. No Beeps to signal error type. Swapped out AGP video for PCI video still no display no boot. Connected monitor to same pci card in another machine it works. So the monitor is ruled out. Pulled out memory completly to see if any system beeps came out, nothing, tried 1 piece no go tried the other still no boot no display. Removed all cards but video, and still yet no video no boot.

Im looking at posibly bad video/motherboard or CPU. Can anyone offer any other thoughts as to whats going on. Unfortunatly i do not have another machine with an agp slot in it to try my video card in.

check out the smps of the cabinet
it is usally concerned with the power output
the moniter is getting
hope it would help
kapil Technical Director
Infovalley Interwebspiders Pvt. Ltd.
Microsoft Certifies System Engineer
Visit

You haven't mentioned the power supply. This is a classic example of a power supply that has failed. Not being picky , but first things first.
Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I'd go with Ed on this one, may just be a fuse if you're lucky. Remember modern computer pcu's are still live unless you turn off or disconnect at the mains socket (even if pcu is blown). Without bios beeps it's less likely to be the video.

i have the exact same problem and still cant figure out the problem. i swapped out everything as he did and also the power supply with no results. any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back