Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Display adapter after updating XP???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraphicFunn

Technical User
Feb 25, 2003
US
I have a Pent4 2.4Gh 512 ram with a Radeon 9000 64 meg display adapter. Due to some occasion runtime errors, I reinstalled XP from the original CD. After the installation I get a message that says that there is no driver for my ATI and the control panel is closing. A check of the device manager shows no display adapter at all in the list of devices. I tried to add an adapter but the only choice it gives me is other cards made by the same vendor but not my card nor even a generic video adapter. I down loaded the newest ATI drivers and tried to install it after installing DirectX9b. It gives me an error that setup was unable to complete and to try to setup with a standard video adapter. Of course I can not setup a standard video adapter :-( When I did the XP update it did not give me the option of repairing files. The only two options were a new install and upgrading. After I finished the upgrade option I tried the install again to see if the repair option is available and I still do not have this option. I have rebooted several times without any change.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the system to recognize that I have a display adapter or for that matter a monitor :). It obviously is using it as I am using my system but it is not showing it nor using the correct drivers. Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back