Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No dir syncronization / replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiles8045

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
US
I will appreciate any help that can be given on this. I am an Exchange newbie, working with our current admin on this project. 2 NT4 servers both running Exchange 5.5, all service packs current. We lost a Hdd on the primary Exchange server, srvr1 and had to reinstall and restore the databases from tape backup. The two servers no longer "talk" to each other. I can connect to both servers using Exchange Admin, but the directory is not updating. I.E. changes to srvr 1 are not reflected when I connect to srvr2 and vice versa. Existing users on srvr2 can get their email just fine, but because the directory doesn't update, new users cannot. We have tried running the eseutil and isinteg and that hasn't resolved the problem. I know that the last time we had this problem we reinstalled BOTH servers at the same time and that resolved it, but it is not an option this time. If anyone knows of a way to achieve synchronization between these two servers it would be of great help. Thank you very much! :)

Megan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back