Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabath

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
LK

I have sevaral voice cards that not giving dial tone.

Coul'd it be happen if someone change the parameters perposly?
Is there a way to reset the card's parameters or test card to find a reason to this fault ?

What system do you have? Is this a recent problem? MAny cards can be reset, but this could be changes inside the PBX/router or even the telco! Need more info to help.

Jess

um the dial tone is usually emitted by the sounder on the modem card, or a speaker on a standalone modem.
an internal modem card usually has to have a link cable, from the audio output on the modem card, to the line input
header pins on the audio card. cannot think of any other magical way it can get there,,,,through fresh air maybe ....zzzzzzzzz

I forgot all about this thread since prabath never responded. You can come up with a number of reasons to what was (hope it's fixed by now) wrong, but without more specific information I would be guessing also. My thought would have been needed more tone generator cards. Seems people tend to forget that they can handle only so many cards before they max out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back