Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No dial tone Win98SE SupraMax

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyontz

Technical User
Feb 2, 2002
US
I have the Supra Max 56i modem in Win 98SE, I have not been able to get it to work. I also get a "no dial tone" message. I have updated drivers, the phone lines are ok. The diagnostics tests return a response. But, I cannot get it to dial out to connect to Internet. All my settings for the connection are correct also. I have tried a different modem and that one will not work either, although I get different error messages on that one. I would really like to get the SupraMax to work. Is there a setting somewhere that I may have missed? I really need some help on this one.

Some simple advice

1) if you are using com port modem, better to connect it to com 2. (from my experience)
2) Check your telephone cable have two wire or four wire, mostly two wire telephone cable is suitable for modem but four wire one may have no dialtone problem.
3) Is that you are trying to connect to internet by modem through PBX system? maybe you have to set the modem not to detect dialtone first as the dialtone from PBX may not be standard. (or have to dial 9 first)

Try going into ctrl panel/modems/properties/connection and uncheck "wait for dial tone before dialing" if its checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back