Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No device found after Win 2K Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

azthunder

Technical User
Jun 18, 2002
US
I added a new SCSI drive to a user's PC (Dell Precision 330). Loaded Win 2K Professional and configured software. Everything seems to work except Backup Exec. She is running Backup Exec version 4.4 with a Seagate STT320000A tape drive. If I boot her original Win 2K installation, Backup Exec (BE) works. However, when I run BE on the new install it says no device found. The driver is the same on both drives (qic157.sys). The software version is the same. When you run Configure Device from the BE submenu it contains her CDRW and the Seagate tape, which shows up as an STT20000A drive. It is the same on both drives (working and non working install). I could not find a resolution on Veritas or Dell website (possible I overlooked it!). Is there any patches or fixes to make BE see the tape drive? Any help is MUCH appreciated!!! Thanks!

I am having the same problem with the same drive on win98. Of course I have been handed the machine with the tape drive already installed. The Back of the drive says STT320000A, but the software says STT20000A. Also Nobody here seems to have the disk that was used to install the drive. Help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back