Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no delete button in the "add/remove program" tab for visio program

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviccie

Technical User
Aug 4, 2002
US
Hi folks,
I want to remove the visio program from my pc. I have windows2000, so i know that to remove a program, typically one would go to the "add/remove programs" tab and remove it.
BUT
for some reason, the "remove" button does not light up for me just like other programs...(infact some other programs also do not have the remove button)...and by the way I can see the "change" button...

main question: how do i remove this program.. from my pc ?

any suggestion..

*Ravi

success is not an end point..but the journey..so make every moment of the life happy and successful...by doing what you like to do..

I had similar problems after upgrading my version of Windows. What I did was to perform an INSTALL of the program (ensuring that the same locations were used). This gave a fresh copy of the uninstall pieces as well as the appropriate registry entries. Then I was successful in removing the progam using the "Change/Remove" button.

Other than that, it can be a long and tedious job to delete all the pieces by hand then edit the registry yourself. It's not fun and very, very dangerous.

WW

Have you tried hitting the Change button, then see if the routine for that particular program allows an uninstall via the change function? Some do that, like Office. Not sure about Visio specifically, but it's worth a try.

Dave

Hi All.
I had the same problem with Visio 2000. I had to uninstall from the CD not ADD/Remove programs. Hope this helps.
GK46

Control panel|Add/remove progs|Visio 2K

Just click the change button - in 2 more screens you get to the options screen for Re-Install, Repair or Uninstall

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back