Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Default User

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyorkie

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
AU
Windows XP workstation normally connected to network has Administrator,Student and teacher profiles. I want to create a new profile for some individual logons. I logged on as local Administrator created a profile. Logged back onto the network went to copy the newly created profile to the default user profile but no default profile listed in C:\Document and settings. How can I get the default user profile???.

Copy the folder from another workstation? It is a hidden folder as well, so make sure that admin account on that machine is set to see hidden files. MS likes to hide things from you by default.

Take jasen's advice or you can build one yourself and call it Default User and hide it.

-=True wisdom comes from knowing you know nothing.=-

Jasen,

I will copy the folder from another workstation which has a default user.The original image is one which I had built that does not have a default user folder. Is there something in the setup of XP that I am missing?. Will set up a new image on another machine and see if it has a default user.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back