Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Data From AVAYA IP Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclake

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2009
LC
Hi everyone,

I have just encountered the weirdest problem at one install. I have the system installed using AVAYA 3526 Switches and a mix of 1608 and 9608 telephones. About a week ago we started having complaints of some users not being able to access any network resources. These users were connected to the backs of their telephones and if I was to reset this connection (Unplug and plug back in) everything works but it would go down again.

If I remove the telephone and have them plugged straight into the switch they work just fine with no drops.

Any ideas of what may be causing this or how to fix?

What release of software is on the switches? 5.0 was a bit flaky, but 5.1 seems to work fairly well. I seem to recall an issue where a device that was connected would work, but any new devices that connect, such as a PC through the back of a phone, wouldn't function properly, and the management IP of the switch would become unreachable.

The software release is v5.1.0.007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back