Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Data event question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

snub

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2005
US
I have about 10 reports that are printed from my database. I know there is a NoData event for the properties. My question is can I make create a module that makes the procedure available to all my reports or do I have to go to each individual report and put in the procedure?

You must add the code to each report. I expect you could write a procedure that would open each report in design view, insert the code, then close and save the report.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

If you write a bit of code that is suitable for all and put it in a global module and define it as

Pubic Function MyNoDataHandler()

then in each On_No_Date event property put

=MyNoDataHandler()

then each report will call that global function when it has no data.

'ope-that-'elps.

G LS
spsinkNOJUNK@yahoo.co.uk
Remove the NOJUNK to use.

Thanks for the input. LittleSmudge you indicated On_No_Date event property did you mean OnNoData?

In the interest of time, I will jump in here.

Yes, LittleSmudge would have meant the NoData event.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back