Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO DATA BEING EXPORTED WITH REPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayster7

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2001
US
Hi,

Working with CR 10 Developer off of an Oracle 9i DB. I have a simple report loaded on CE10 and when I preview it, the data is there and I can print it or export to wherever I choose, but when I try and schedule it to export toa directory as a .pdf I get indication that the run was a success but the report doesn't contain any data, just the field headings. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The path up and down is one and the same.

-Heraclitus

How are you scheduling it to export, using Crystal Enterprise, or?

Are you setting the parameters correctly?

Does it only happen when exporting to PDF?

I'd guess that something wasn't properly set up in CE, such as the parameters.

-k

Hi Synapse,

In Crystal Enterprise, through the CMC on the Process tab, I set parameters manually.

It is actually happening in all export types. I tried Excel and Word also, but still no data, just a blank report, but again, using the CR Viewer, there is data and I can export to wherever I would like to. Weird, no?

I tried to see if maybe my JobServers weren't configured to the proper destination, but they were okay.

I'm pretty new in working with Enterprise, so I'm not too sure where to turn.

Thanks again for any help.

The path up and down is one and the same.

-Heraclitus

Try scheduling one from ePortfolio and make sure that you set any parameters and hit the SAVE (or whatever it's called, people often overlook this).

I don't think that it's server related, if it couldn't connect to something it would return an error and failerror, it sounds like you aren't getting everything set properly.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back