Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Creator SnapIns for Policy Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

friek

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2003
US
I just installed Zenworks for Desktops 4 on our Netware 6 server and when trying to create a new Policy Package in ConsoleONE, I get a "No creator snapins - There is not a snap-in to create this type of object..." error.

I checked the ZfD4 CD and made sure all the snapins were in the sys:\public\mgmt\ConsoleOne\1.2\snapins directory and they were. I even tried re-installing ZenWorks but that hasn't helped. I haven't had any luck searching these archives or anywhere else on the Internet for that matter. Any suggestions? Thanks!

When you went throught the install, you chose your server and before the filecopy started you got a confermation box, but default ConsoleOne and XMLProxy are not chosen. You need to choose the ConsoleOne option so the snap in's will be installed.

Just went through this headache my self. Trying to just copy the snapins my self just didn't work. You have to choose the ConsoleOne option to get the snapins to install rights. 3.2 had a snapin install file, but 4 does not seem to have one I can find. There is a way to just copy the files, but I have not found all of the needed files on the CD yet.

Thanks for the response. I went through and re-installed ZfD 4 but didn't have any luck. I'm installing it from a Windows XP Professional workstation. I was never prompted with a confirmation box, but I did come across the following prompt in the setup wizard:

"Select the target servers to which ZENworks for Desktops will be installed". I also had to "Click the checkboxes to install the component(s) on the target server(s)". I added my target Netware 6 server and made sure the "C1 Snap-ins" check box was checked and just for fun checked all the other boxes too (Import, Removal, ZEN Preboot, XML Proxy Service). After checking these boxes, I was just asked for the path to install ZenWorks (I accepted the default SYS:\ZenWorks\) and then the setup program took it from there without asking any more questions except whether or not I wanted to view the log file after the installation was complete. I checked the log file and there were no installation errors.

I'm still getting the same snap-in error in ConsoleOne. The version of ConsoleONE on my server is 1.3.5. Any other ideas??

I finally got it working at least a little bit. After re-installing ZfD with all the options checked, I then ran ConsoleONE from my Windows XP Pro workstation off the Netware 6 server at:

SYS:\public\mgmt\ConsoleOne\1.2\bin\ConsoleOne.exe

The snap-ins worked here and the version of ConsoleOne is 1.3.5. Running ConsoleOne directly on the server in XServer GUI environment still does not let me create a policy package. I even went to "Run" and tried running:

SYS:\public\mgmt\ConsoleOne\1.2\ConsoleOne.jar

So I'm not sure why this works on my workstation but not on the server. It's a little annoying because ConsoleOne runs a lot faster directly on the server. I'd like to figure this out, but if not at least I can create my policies from the workstation.

I had similar issues but did get a C1 snapin install tool from our Novell guy. Only thing is you have to do one snap-in at a time and knowing which ones you need and which ones you dont is a trick, (he also gave us 25 snapins). I does work on server or local installs. I can e-mail it if you wish. Also be sure to install latest nici. I can e-mail that also.

Yeah, that'd be great if you wouldn't mind emailing it. I actually pretty much gave up on getting it to work on the server since I do most admin tasks from my workstation anyway and I didn't want to waste more time on it. But if I can just use that tool to install the snap-in, I might have one more go at it. I think I had figured out which snap-ins I need so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

I would like to get a copy of that c1 installer . I am having my own host of snapin issues with zenworks and other software

Drop me a note and I will send it your way. dan.hill@ci.longmont.co.us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back