Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Cd-Rom or Zip drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmypt

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
US
I found myself without a an E and D drive today and I think I know what the problem is but I have a small problem correcting the problem. My secondary Intel ATA Ultra Controller is not working and the reason being (I think) is because my drivers vanished without a trace. This secondary controller operates the Cd-Rom and Zip drive so I can't pull my Windows Cd-Rom out and reinstall the drivers. The drivers I'm missing are the intelata.mpd and intelvsd.vxd. I went to Intel's website and can't find them anywhere. I also went to Dell's website with no success (I have a two year old Dell). Does anybody out there know where I can get these two drivers?

Thanks

Maybe try unplugging them and running Windows again. Then shut down Windows and plug them back in again. Restart the machine and hopefully Windows should detect 'New Hardware'. Since they've been installed before, Windows should already have the drivers.

If this doesn't help, I'll try to think of something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back