Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Cash Drawer Assigned to this Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

justadoode

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2007
US
In Aloha, I have my cashdrawers set up for each terminal, yet on one terminal only (term2) I keep getting this error message each time I try to assign an employee through the front of the house options. (No Cash Drawer Assigned to this Terminal) The terminal also won't print anything. I bet this is simple, but I can't figure it out. Could someone please advise? Thank you!.

Justadoode.

is this a printer interface cash drawer?

If so then you have to assign the printer that is physically attacted to that terminal to the cash drawer.

Next go to Maintenance\Hardware\Printers and make sure that same printer is assigned to that terminal.

Last, go to Maintenance\Hardware\Terminals and make sure that the default printer is this same one.

Yes, it's a printer interface. My regular receipt printer was broken, so my local dealer sold me a replacement. The original was an Epson, they sold me a Samsung and assured me there was no difference between the two. In my Aloha system, there is no Samsung printer to choose from under Maint\Hard\Terminals or under Maint\Hard\Printers. Obviously the terminal will not print to this printer either. Is my only option to get another Epson? I've even gone into dos to try and print to the port with the command (dir *.* > com1) and it won't print. Please advise. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back