Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No camera display in monitor 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkr1

Technical User
May 22, 2002
US
Monitor 2 added on a new g-force mx4000 pci adapter, Dell dimension 8400 with 1 gig ram. I can pull up multiple camera's through my web browser (IE) from our security video server just fine on monitor 1. When I drag the browser over to monitor 2, the video images disappear...until I drag it back to monitor 1. Have tried on 3 PC's with same result. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

What you describe can happen if the media player that you use employs hardware overlays, which are a faster method of playing video, but are limited to one video card (the one that provides the overlay).

Try to disable the use of hardware overlays in the media player that your browser uses. It should be in the performance options menu for that player.

Are you using recent versions of the nVidia drivers? I think they added the ability to use overlays on multiple monitors a while back but this may be restricted to newer cards - not sure.

Regards

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back