Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO CALL-ID ON CICS BEING FED FROM OPTION 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard1

Technical User
Apr 23, 2002
US
I AM USING ANALOG STATIONS FROM AN OPTION 81 TO FEED A CICS AS TRUNK LINES. CALL ID INFO IS ARRIVING AT THE SYSTEM BUT WONT PASS THROUGH THE CICS. ALL PROGRAMMING FOR THE CICS IS CORRECT. IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE OPTION SWITCH I NEED TO DO TO MAKE THIS WORK?

WON'T WORK, CENTRAL OFFICE'S SEND A DIFFERENT CLID

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS BECAUSE I HAVE IT WORKING BEHIND A DEFINITY PROLOGIX PBX.

THANKS

Does the Option81 display callerID on regular POTS callerID sets? the Option series has to have a CLASS modem card and other software packages installed to transmit CallerID to analog stations.

>>Package 95 - CPND
>>Package 332 - CLASS Calling Number Delivery (CNUMB)
>>Package 333 - CLASS Calling Name Delivery (CNAME)
>>
>>Hardware you need:
>>
>>NT5D60AA (at least one)

Yes, I have those packages in the option switch. I am able to deliver the call id info to a analog display phone just fine. It just wont pass it through the key system to the t7208 sets.

Rich

The trunk cards are caller id cards.

Thanks

I have similar problem and could not get CLID show, have to do feature 811.

Have you verified in the station programming in the CICS under telco menu that CID is enabled and called number is enabled also?

Yes I have double checked the programming and that is set to yes.

Thanks

Same here with one year old CICS, there is no way to get caller ID show, have to use "feature 811". I gave up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back