Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No C.T.I. info on parked/retrieved calls???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2002
US
Help! We are using a DEFINITY G3R 9.5 switch with NICE 8.8 total recording.

Problem #1) When anyone retrieves a call that has been parked at another extension, query does not show the caller I.D. on the second call segment. In place of the caller I.D. query shows the extension number of the person who parked the initial call. When the parked call is retrieved, the station display does show the caller I.D., so I know that the switch is passing the number to the new extension. How to I get NICE to show the caller I.D. on the second segment of the call?

Problem #2) If an agent answers a parked call without logging in I get no C.T.I. information on the call. How can I block agents from picking up a call unless they have logged in?

Thanks in advance for any help/ideas!

Problem #1) My opinion is that if I pick-up a parked call from another extension, the origination point is not the incoming call, but rather the extension from which it was parked. And since call park is basically a reverse transfer, that is why the ANI is showing when the call is unparked. This is just my theory.

Problem #2) (Hopefully this applies to your group) If the physical phones are using a different COR than your agent IDs, disallow the physical phones from access the COR of the agents. For example, the phones use COR 1 and the agents use COR 2. Change COR 1, page 3 and mark 'N' for COR 2. This will make it impossible for someone not logged in to unpark an agent call. BUT, it will also make it impossible for someone not logged in to CALL a logged in agent. So there are pros and cons to this solution.

Hope this helps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back