Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Bios Beeps 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbytech

Technical User
Jun 22, 2005
US
I'm having problems with my custom built system. Originaly it was made up of a ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTa motherboard, Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHz, WDC-WD10EZEX 1TB HD, WDC WD500GB HD, 250 GB SSD, NVDIA GeForce 8400GS video board, Vista-View Saber DA-1N1-PCI TV Tuner running Windows XP SP3. I changed the motherboard to a ASUS P5WD2 Premium motherboard. When I turn it on the cd drives run their start-up continuously(endless loop with lights blinking) there is no video or Bios beeping to tell me where something might be wrong. I disconnect everything and reconnected all the cables. With no video or bios beeps I donot know what else to do. I use these type of motherboards because They can use both IDE and Sata/SSD drives.

HobbyTech,
Did you try pulling and reseating the memory and the CPU?
I would suggest this.
Then pull all expansion boards, even video, and turn it on.
See if you get bios beep. (Also make sure your speaker is attached correctly).
If it works, then slowly replace each device, don't plug in any drives or other devices, to to bare minimum, and then put one thing back at a time.

Best Regards,
Scott
MIET, MASHRAE, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CTDC, CTIA, ATS

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

Motherboard or CPU dead.

remove everything and try it.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

You need to test as suggested but I would guess the board is toast. Also, probably time to leave the IDE drives behind when you get the new motherboard unless there is some extremely good reason to keep using them connected to the motherboard. There are external cases and there are USB to IDE/SATA adapters.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back