Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Backup of *.ico- and *.bmp-files E3406

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanSik

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
DE
Hi,

I'm using ARCserve 2000 V7.0 Build 1042 on a Windows2000 Server with Windows2000 ServicePack 2. ARCserve is backing up a lot of directories. In several directories I have a lot of files with the extension .ico and .bmp, together with some other files with other extensions. Now my problem: I get the message E3406, if ARCserve wants to backup some of these .ico- and .bmp-files files. I don't get this message from all .ico- and .bmp-files and all other files in these directories are saved. I can copy and open these files with the user-account, who makes the Backup.

Is there anybody, who can give me some hints ??

Thank you !

Jansik,

Apply service pack 4 for ARcserve...
You can download this from the ca support site..

And set the ARCserve job engine to start with the ARcserve system acount...

cheers
Speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Thank you for your hints, Speshalyst,

I have installed the service pack 4 for ARcserve. Now my ARCserve is in english-language(before it was in german), but this is no problem.
But the service pack 4 didn't solve my problem of no backup of *.ico- and *.bmp-files.
I was also looking for the ARCserve-System-Account, to start the job-engine with it, but I didn't found it. Can you tell me the name of this account or where I can find it?

Thank you

Hello
Normally you have to create a special account for the ArcServe-Services. Use also this account to setup your ArcServe.

We had the same problem with *.bmp and *.jpg files. After installing a Client-Agent on the machine with these files, erverything was working properly.

I think there is, or was, also a fix for that problem from ca.

For more information, auch auf Deutsch, mach mir ne Mail.
Cheers
Alex

You can find this account on the ARcserve server admin
Admin Menu\ARcserve system account...

This account can be any domain account with the following configuration...

Member of:

1. Administrators
2. Domain Admins (Primary Group)
3. Backup Operators..

Special permissions(Advanced user rights)

1.Act as a part of the Operating System
2. Log on as a service
3. Log on locally.

Cheers
Speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back