Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No background color printing when printing page in Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm291113

Technical User
Jul 19, 2000
US
I have a website posted but, when I am printing the pages it will not print the background color. The background colors are there on the screen but, they will not print. Is this a Front Page problem or is this something I can change in Internet Explorer?? This is urgent.. I have to meet with the client TODAY!! What do I do???

The default on the browser is normally set to not print the background--for obvious reasons. If you have a black and white printer, have a black page with red text, you won't be able to read it. Not to mention the ink consumption!

To be able to print the background from Internet Explorer, go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab. Scroll down until you see Printing and check the box "Print Background Colors and Images." X-)

Linda Adams
Garridon@aol.com
Linda Adams online David Hedison Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back