Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No audio when calls made from and to Cisco ip communicator over new Sip trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siva reddy

Systems Engineer
Jun 21, 2021
US
thread851-1787122
As we are migrating from PRI to SIP trunks, calls and audio works fine when made from desk phone but doesn’t work when using CIPC. call establishes but no audio at all.

Note, am using media flow-around.

CIPC>vpn>cucm 11.5>cube 17.3.2>isp

I haven’t checked yet if calls working if am onsite with my CIPC however calls work fine when used desk phone onsite.

Any hep is highly appreciated. Thanks.

First guess would be the VPN Firewall is blocking SIP traffic.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Thanks for replying. We are working to add these routes to firewall. Do i have to provide what ports needs to be open on firewall as well? If yes, what ports should be open so RTP can flow. Am using media flow-around.

Also, one more question, when am on office LAN inbound and outbound works fine using hard phone, no audio issues. On same LAN Using CIPC Inbound works fine too without any audio issues. But however for outbound using CIPC call establishes fine but no audio passing. We are doing media flow around. Any idea? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

I would definitely say you have a routing problem of some sort. Whether a firewall is blocking it or just a hop doesnt have a route it needs. For ports i would start with 5060/5061 for SIP and then 16384 to 32767 is the range for RTP.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back