Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No audio on site to site internal calls over VPN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

belalsaleh

Technical User
Jan 26, 2014
SA
Hi All,
I have a weird problem that is bugging me 4 days now , can any one please help me with it ..

We have site to site VPN network between our HQ and a remote office,
The avaya system is installed in the HQ behind a cisco VPN router , at the remote office we have avaya 1608 handsets behind the other cisco VPN route, as the following config.:

Remote Office Avaya 1608 Handsets(192.168.3.2~10)
|
|
Remote office VPN Router(192.168.3.1)
|
|
<Internet>
|
|
HQ VPN Router(192.1698.2.1)
|
|
HQ IPO Server(192.168.11.1)

We have set the IP Route in the IPO to Getway (192.168.2.1) and set the Ip Address on Lan2 to (192.168.2.100)
we also set the correct configuration in the handsets.
The problem is when I try to call any HQ extension from the remote office there is no audio at both ends , the HQ phone rings OK and I can hear the normal tones , but when the user answer the call there is no audio at all, I can't hear him and he also can't hear me..the same when any one from HQ tries to call
the remote office no audio..

But when I try to call any external number from the remote office every thing works OK , the audio is clear and I can make normal calls without any problem.

I think the problem is something in the communication between Lan1 and Lan2 , since the external calls is handled by Lan2 , and internal calls in handled my Lan1..

any help will be appreciated ...

Turn Direct Media Path off, when that fixes it fix the routing and turn it off :)

when that fixes it fix the routing and turn it back on" ......sorry :)

Thank you very much amriddle01 , that solved my problem..

>that solved my problem

No - it has just proved that you have an issue with the routing between the external site and your core.

That's why he said
amriddle said:
when that fixes it fix the routing and turn it back on

turning DMP off forces all media paths to use the IP office rather than direct between endpoints.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

So what problems is this going to cause if any ?
I have tried every thing I suspect to be the cause of routing problem , but no luck ..

It's usually when the handsets have been given the IP Office address as its default gateway instead of the router, this happens when you use the IP Office as DHCP server and don't specify a gateway in the DHCP server, or they are statically assigned and they entered the wrong address :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back