Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no audio from clip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bla4free

Technical User
Feb 1, 2007
US
hi. i'm using premiere 2 for a school project. i'm trying to edit a clip. i'm editing a clip from a home movie. the movie was originally on dvd and i ripped it with fairuse wizard to divx. when i open premiere to import the clip, it imports without any errors. when i drag the clip to the timeline, the only part that shows up on the timeline is the video--no audio is attached. when i send the clip to the monitor, it plays but it has no sound. i can play the clip in several media players and on different computers with audio and video. i even tried importing the clip inside windows movie maker and it was able to play the sound. does anybody have any ideas? thanks!

Premiere cannot edit DivX.

But Premiere Pro 2 can edit mpeg, so you could try opening either the VOB file from the DVD or copying the file to hard disk and changing the extension from VOB to mpg before import. (I don't have PPro2, so can't give you the small print here.)

If all else fails, you could use Virtual Dub or whatever to convert to DV AVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back