Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Audio after crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenl

Programmer
Aug 12, 2008
US
I'm using Premier Pro CS3. It crashed, giving me the nice message that it would try to save my work. When I reopened the project, everything looked fine, including some edits I made just before the crash. But there was no audio. The audio track was there and appeared normal, but no sound came from it. If I added another audio track, that audio played fine. Seems like the crash did something to only the audio that was already in the movie.

I restarted premier, restarted the computer, double checked that the audio drivers were working with no luck...

Anyone come across this before, or better yet have any ideas how to correct it (without starting over...)

thanks

Update: Since the crash, audio always goes away if I close premier and reopen. The track is still visibly there, but no sound comes out. If I replace the video / audio track then the sound is fine, but if I save and close, the sound is gone when I open it again. Seems like maybe something happened to the program itself when it crashed? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Wo, crazy!

If you export timeline >> audio file, do you have all your sound back?

If so, you might have a preview setting messed up.

(I'm just kinda guessing).

As far as I know, it probably won't take longer than an hour to reinstall PPro, so if you think it'll take longer than an hour to truobleshoot, you COULD just try reinstalling PPro.

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

First thing is to open a new project withe correct settings and import the errant project to see if that fixes it. Save under a new name so you don't burn your boats.

If not, it is always worth trying a new preferences file if you encounter oddities in interface behaviour. Start PPro with CTRL+SHIFT until the splash screen. Reset preferences like scratch disks before continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back