Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No applets work in IE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildBill1075

Programmer
May 13, 2000
US
I have found a number of systems (all Win98 - both versions) where no Java applets work in IE, although Java *is* enabled. A &quot;broken image&quot; icon is displayed in place of the applet with no error messages. The &quot;no Java&quot; default within the applet tag is NOT displayed. Most of these systems are running 5.0 (build 2919.6307 in most, but not all, cases), one is running a build of 4.0. On at least 2 of these systems Java stopped working where it had previously. Most worrysome is a new OEM install of Win98 SE, with the stock SE version of IE 5.0.&nbsp;&nbsp;Several of my sites depend heavily on Java applets. I have found no mention whatsoever of this problem anywhere.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Any clues?&nbsp;&nbsp;Email to <A HREF="mailto:bill@kpig.com">bill@kpig.com</A> is appreciated.<br><br>thanks<br>bg

i would check to make sure that they are full installs and not typical.

is the JIT turned on, and all that jazz? Try getting a JVM update (possibly from windowsupdate.com or something, I'm not sure where) somehow, you might have a corrupt or non-existent one. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back