Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No answer calling MTS component using Clireg on client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackan

Programmer
Dec 6, 2000
SE
The original problem was like this:

I have two servers and one client machine. The servers are the same and when I installed the client I used one of the servers MTS export packages to register the components on the client. When creating objects on the client a servername is given.

Everything worked just fine. But then the server, whos export package was used at installation, went down. And now the remaining server could not be called from the client. The client hanged. After some more investigation we found that the problem seemed to be in VB when CreateObject is used. Despite that the servername is used in the call something is needed from the server that is down. This is not the case in some other C++ code where CoCreateInstance with the servername is used. But most of our code is VB so the problem needs to be solved.

In an attempt on doing this we removed the Remote Application installations for the packages on the client and instead registered the VBR, TLB using CliReg32.
Now the client does not hang but the call to the remote component does not seem to work. No errormessage is received. When looking in MTS explorer on the server, the component is activated in the status view, i.e the zeros appears.

If we then install the export package again on the client, this time from the alive server, it all works fine.

Anyone no anything about this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back