Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Admin/Password logon for notes database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da13oss

Technical User
Feb 6, 2002
GB
Several years ago, a consultant came in to the company and set up an NT Server running the following:

NT Server 4 Service Pack 5
Lotus Domino Server 5.0.6.a
Designer 5.0.6.a
Adminsitrator 5.0.6.a
Notes 5.0.6.a
Notes Minder 5.0.6.a

Unfortunately, the Notes/Domino team failed to obtain the administrator log on and password to the server...

It has now come up that we need to gain administrator access but have no way of contacting the consultant...

Is there anyway we can gain access without this information??

Unfortunately, I am not Lotus/Domino expert, but any help you provide would be appreciated.

I have this feeling I am chasing a lost cause, but thought I would try this forum as a final attempt....

Thanks in advance for help you can give me.

Cheers.

Hello,

I take it you can log into the Server? It's recommended not to assign a Password to the Server.id, so launch the local nlnotes.exe from the Server. Ignore any errors and then click, File, Database, Open, select names.nsf (Domino Directory).

Navigate to Configuration, Servers, All Server Documents, and open your server document. Open the Security Tab and modify the appropriate fields to grant yourself access. The above is for R6, but it should be close. You will need to bounce your server as well from the console ("restart server").

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back