Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NO Active Directory Replication over 4 Weeks - Will things work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2marshall8

Technical User
Jul 29, 2006
US
I have recently been involved in a disaster recovery situation with one of the sites I service and this has caused their primary server to be out of commission for over 2 weeks. This server is in a domain of about 9 other servers across wan links. I'm wondering if when I get the new server, Image it to what my old one was like and then restore the system state, (active directory restore, Non-Authoritative) will it pick up as it was just fine with my other dc's and replicate all the AD information between the time it went down and now?

Or will it have problems replicating due to this long period w/o being online and able to replicate AD information? Most likely it will be closer to 4 weeks by the time the server is ready to replicate again.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

You should be fine, windows minimum tombstone life is longer; 60 days or longer, dependant on the server version.

google windows Tombstone

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back