Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Action pressing MWI button (envoloppe) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieZ

Technical User
Aug 6, 2003
NL
When pressing the lit message waiting lamp nothing happens.
The button doesn't ring the Nupoint.

This occured after changing the Nupoint ports into 5240 due to expanding with Record a Call.

MCD 5.0 SP2
Nupoint Build: 14.2.2.15.01

Are you off hook? You need to be off hook for it to conect to the VM. Otherwise it should go to the messages function.

When you changed the set type of the ports did you make sure all the programming was the same?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I'm not using any ports for RAD.
I'm offhook when pressing the button.

Some info:
I have 12 channels
I have three groups
group 1 Voicemail
line 1 to 7 (5240)
group 2 Call director
line 9 to 12 (5240)
group 3 Record a Call
line 1 to 7 (5240)

MWI line 8 (5020)

Before activating Record a Call there were no problems. (switched the ports from 5020 to 5240)

Ronnie,

Sorry I hadn't read that you were using NuPoint.

Why do you have line 8 as 5020? I also have Record a Call in my lab but I've got all my ports as 5240, Service Level: Trusted.

Other than that I can't think of anything else, it's been a while since I programed this, I always follow the course manual when configuring NuPoint, We honestly only do a couple of this every year.

Hope that changing all ports to 5240 will help. Let us know.

Regards,

Daniel

Ronnie,

Hang on one second. Do you use one port for MWI?

We don't do that... I think we use MiTai for MWI, have a look:

Message Waiting
The DTMF to PBX and MiTAI message waiting type needs to send feature access codes (FAC) to the MCD software to turn lights on and off.
You need to create two suitable codes for “Message Waiting Activate” and Message Waiting Deactivate” in the MCD Feature Access Code Assignment form. These codes are then programmed into the NuPoint configuration database.
Note: MiTAI does not require Feature Access Codes.

also,

You need to create a Hunt Group of type HCIReroute, and inform your NuPoint the DN of this nuew Hunt Group.

I am pretty sure you can find more information on the technician's handbook and the Help Online.

Regards,

Daniel

And be sure to call re-route always the hci-reroute hunt group to the voicemail pilot hunt group.

What happens when you lift the handset and then press the flashing Message Waiting Indicator?

I would also suggest that you upgrade to MCD 6.0. In MCD 6.0, if configured correctly, there is no longer a need to have the Envelope (Message Waiting Key) flash to access NuPoint. In MCD 6.0 you can configure it such that no matter when you press the Envelope key, it takes you to NuPoint.

If you are running MCD 6.0, you can look in the new Direct to Voicemail portion of the help file.

If you program Direct to Voicemail, yet you are not on a call, your Envelope key will take you to your voice mail box.

The problem is resolved.
I've sent the customer to a course "Listening is easy"
Due to the behaviour of for example a 5330 the envelope works in to different ways.
When off hook you get the nupoint voicemail message.
When on hook you need your softkey to choose read messages.
Also there was probably an issue with the MWI reaasigned it to the VM huntgroup.

Thanks for all the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back