Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No access from LAN to FTP-site with SSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stijn

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2011
BE
Hi,

I'm having a strange problem where I can access my FTP-site from outside my LAN. But when I'm on premise I can't connect.
Below tou can see the outcome. It connects fine, checks the cert., logs in with the right credentials, wants to load the folderlist and then nothing... :-/

Code:
Status:	Adres bepalen van ftp-lan.website.be [b]=> URL checks out fine[/b]
Status:	Verbinden met 192.168.1.28:21... [b]=> internal IP of the FTP-Server[/b]
Opdracht:	PWD
Antwoord:	257 "/" is current directory.
Opdracht:	TYPE I
Antwoord:	200 Type set to I.
Opdracht:	PASV
Antwoord:	227 Entering Passive Mode (xx,xx,xx,xx,xx,xx). [b]=> WAN-IP showing here with the datacontrol ports[/b]
Opdracht:	LIST
Antwoord:	150 Opening BINARY mode data connection.
Antwoord:	550 The network connection was aborted by the local system. 
Fout:	Ontvangen van mappenlijst is mislukt [b]=> FAIL[/b]

I set up my FTP site with the correct data and control ports. I also opened them on our firewall.
External connection is not a problem. I did see that I needed to insert my wan-ip on the FTP site for the Firewall section... so I did and everything works.
Now it also shows, when entering Passive Mode, that it uses that wan-ip even when connecting from within the LAN...
I guess that's where it fails and breaks the connection.

How do I solve this?
I already tried creating a secondary FTP-Site on the same port but with a different hostname. didn't work...
Am I overlooking something?

Kindest regards and thanx for any info on the subject.

Stijn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back