Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NNM or OVO or something more??

Status
Not open for further replies.

phabio

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
IT
Hello!
I need to realize a Network Management System for about 100 equipments for SDH, Ethernet, PABX, ADSL, Satellite DVB, Server/Router IP. All equipments have a SNMP interfaces. The NM Service are Fault Management, Configuration Management, Performance Management, Accounting Management, Security Management.
Which are the best HP OV systems I can use?? Is it possible to use only NNM or I need also OVO or something else??
Thank you in advance!

Fabio

Hi Fabio, well, if every device supports SNMP, I would go for NNM for sure.
Really easy to customize, for such number/kind of devices, for sure.
Cheaper then HP-OVO, better for "Layer3" management.
But, when it comes to Accounting features, I think you better come up with something else, if you could be more specific on this issue, may be we could recommend something else, no problem.

Hope this helps,
vlan52
[sunshine]

vlan52
The end of wisdom is freedom. The end of culture is perfection. The end of
education is character. The end of knowledge is love.

That's quite a list actually.

Performance Management - OVO I suggest
Accounting Management - agree with vlan, more info please
SNMP - agree with vlan, though OVO *does* provide better ways of "Event Enrichment" by querying devices and performing customised actions afterwards.
Config Management - Not OVO or NNM as far as I'm aware, though ServiceDesk does go a little way towards that.
Fault Management - OVO and ServiceDesk
Security Management -- pass, sorry

Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

It's like this; even samurai have teddy bears, and even teddy bears get drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back