Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NNM Discovery problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickdu

MIS
May 14, 2002
ZA
Hi all

I have a problem.I can ping and poll and even walk a node.Everything is in order,added my node on my host file.The problem NNm does not want to add the device on the map.if I do a ovtopodump |grep <ip address> it is there on my database..My question is how do you delete a node from the database and rediscover it again.Because what happens now even if I try adding the device via the GUI i.e edit,add objects it says the node already exists or just dissappear from the map..

So I want to delete the node from the database ,how do i do that or is there any way of solving this issue?

Pls assist
Vickdu

Hi there Vickdu, try the following, it works every time:
1. Close every map but the Default map.
2. Select the node with problems, go to Edit, choose Delete from All submaps.
3. Move to your terminal and type xnmsnmconf -clearCache and close the default map.
4. ovstop netmon
5. Run ovtopofix -n , then look for the object with problems.
6. Run ovw -mapcount -ruD
7. ovtopofix -a
8. ovtopofix -n (there should be no errors reagrding the problematic object)
9. ovstart netmon.
10.If the object is properly configured on your DNS server, you can discover it again by &quot;pinging&quot; the full name.

HTH, regards,
vlan52
[sunshine] vlan52
The end of wisdom is freedom. The end of culture is perfection. The end of
education is character. The end of knowledge is love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back