Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nmc service goes down

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenix71

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2007
ES
We are having problems with the Management Console (NMC) 3.2 build 510 working with Networker 7.3 SP3 build 510.

We have Java virtual machine 1.4_2_14 installed in our backup server.

We have desinstall and re-install the NMC for a database clean.

But even then, for no apparent reason, the service that handles the NMC (gstd) goes down and we have to manually restart that service

The message reported in the event viewer of the machine is:

Reporting errors in the queue: gstd.exe version: 3.2.0.0, block error: gstnsm.dll, version 3.2.0.0, address error 0x00014208.

Does this happen when you click into an aborted/failed savegroup? I am experiencing similar issues. Do you get a "Connection to host terminated" error message (or similar)

Sorry for hijacking.

Yes, it happens mostly when you click into an aborted/failed savegroup. And the message is similar of lost connection to host...

I have the same NMC aborting problem, even if I'm not sure what action causing the termination. We did the same (deinstall and reinstall NMC) and additionally checked with Java 1.4_2_14 as well as jre1.5.0_11, no changees.
environment: Networker 7.3.3, Solaris9, Sun v890 (sparc)
I would also be interested in a solution :)

Regards spaceball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back