Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nlb

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccnet101

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2001
HK
guys, i am having a problem, i got nlb to work, and it seems to be load balancing, i have two servers, each with two nics, now the nics have a private network for heart beat, and the other network for users to connect, now i would like to have load balancing for ftp, i can ping the virtual ip address from the client, however when i ftp, it doesn't get through, i can access the ftp via the actual ip address of the server, but not the virtual from my client, now the funny thing is that when i am on the servers itself, i can access using the virtual ip address, can anyone shed some light, i think i have tried everything

Try using passive ftp instead of active ftp. Active FTP connects on port 21 put all data transfer is done on port 22. Passive ftp does everything on port 21. This might be part of the problem.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]
Donate to Katrina relief

Thanks for the quick response, changed it, no luck...any other options, see i tried http and ftp, neither of them work, so i am thinking maybe its a setting issue, i have all the ports open as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back