Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Niu2 flash card

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwiking

Technical User
Sep 1, 2003
DK
Hei

Does anyone know how i can read the flashcard
from a NIU2 card.

It is a lot easy to make a backup copy, if i can read out the card with my laptop.

When i put the flashcard in my laptop i can see a new
harddisk, but it shows that its empty - why????

There is a working dump on this card - i know.

that's because your pc doesn't recognize the filesystem on the flashdisk. as far as I know the filesystem is minix-like and could be read via a linux-pc. the best method for reading the card is via FTP if you don't have a linux system.

i tried this (linux read )earlier this year .The dump was on a SCSI iomega zip drive ,but thats not the issue what kind of storage media we use .The file system is minix . I had Mandrake linux v9 installed . Zip drive scsi via adaptec pcmcia card and it worked fine . But no luck in accessing with zip disk with md110 minix filesystem dump on it . Just that anyone that tries this is warned .

By the way NIU2 with sandisk CF card works fine , but is sooooooo sloooow , better with HDU7/1(no CF) . Read/write access to CF is only a few MB/S .
Regards soaplover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back