Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIU2 /2 and /12 boards dergadation over time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD-User

Technical User
Feb 4, 2019
RO
Hello,

Few days ago i replaced a NIU2/12 board in a MX-One system, the problem was that I was unable to connect either using Ethernet ports or serial port.
From your experience with this system, did you know factors that can degrade this board over time?

I would have one more question, how can i verify the "loading" (the number of calls in a time frame) per LIM or entire system (MD-110 system), where should I look for in ALEX?

Thanks in advance.

hi
pull oou and push niu2 board again and check eic number

PG4E

Hi,
I tried this, I also tried to change the position of the board but without any result.
I was unable to access either Niux or MML and WinFIOL freeze when I was trying to open a new channel (Ethernet or serial).
After replacing the board, everything is ok.
I still do not know what could have caused the board failure.

They just do degrade over time. There was an advice that they should sit behind a firewall to prevent broadcast traffic,

Best parnum

you can "kill" the network interface on the NIU board very easy when putting it on a network with lots of broadcast traffic.
The 10Mb interface (half duplex) simply can't cope with much traffic.
That's why there is an advisory to separate it from the rest of the network (via router/vlan)

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
Helping people is my job...

Do you know where I could find the manufacturing year or estimated life time of a board based on ROF and revision?
Is there a document / catalog where i can find these informations?

9.1 Hardware reliability data sorted by name
Name Product number MTBF (years)
NIU ROF 137 5396/1 83
NIU2 ROF 137 5396/2 <83

Anyhow what does it matter ? TSW is long gone !!

Thanks, it helps me a lot.
I needed this information to make a report demonstrating that our MD-110 (~30 LIM) is old and obsolete.
We plan to change it shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back