Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NItsuko Tie Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

egnalc

Instructor
Mar 27, 2002
US
Is it possible to use a tie line on a NItsuko DS01 (MV200)? Can it be tied together with a Avaya Partner or if it can be tied together does it have to be tied with another Nitsuko?

Thanks

Newtons Telecom Dictionary defines a Tie Line as a dedicated circuit linking two points without having to dial the normal phone number. At the Nitsuko end, you could take a digital port on the DS-01 and install an OPX adapter, giving you two analog extensions. One of these could be connected to a line appearance on the partner. On the partner end, an extension on the partner can be connected to a line appearance on the DS-01. In this scenario, you select a certain line from any DS-01 extension and you have an intercom dial tone from the partner system and can dial any extension. The same is true from the Partner end as well.

I have noticed the DS-01 OPX adapter seems to have pretty good ring voltage, and I have also noticed some partner analog ports have a wimpy ring voltage and will not ring some electronic devices. So, you could find that your have insufficient ring voltage to cause the KSU at the other end to see your incoming ring.

Alternately, you could take a trunk/line port on each KSU and put a ring down device between the two. That way you would only need one pair between the systems, though you don't have the ability to automatically dial extensions at the remote end.

Hope that isn't too confusing, perhaps if you explain a bit more what you are trying to do I can define things further.
It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

Thanks for the valuable info, Im the one getting the education here. I have never worked on the Nitsuko, is it a good system? my feeling is that I should suggest to install a Nitsuko at the second site, at least they will be compatable. Right now the customer is dropping calls on line 1, he could be on the phone and the call is dropped, ever have that happen.

Thanks again

Nitsuko is ok, it used to be Tie communications which was number three in telephone system sales at one point. Now, it is owned by NEC America I believe.

Anyway, for dropped calls, my first two questions are always:

1. when it goes away, does the line key light go out or not?

2. does it happen on calls in, calls out or both?

If the light goes out, the line is likely being disconnected from the KSU itself. Either it is dropped by the telco, or you may have a hardware/trunk problem. If the light stays on and you lose audio, then you more than likely have an internal hardware problem (trunk card, trunk port, station card, station port, station, wire)

Hope that helps It is only my opinion, based on my experience and education...I am always willing to learn, educate me!
Daron J. Wilson, RCDD
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back