Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nitsuko nec ds 2000 drops calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip555

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
US
I have a new customer I recently started servicing with a ds 2000 that drops calls intermitenly

we have found that it seems to be all phones and all lines .

mostly when answering and he says it has happend to him when he calls in from the road

phone rings then silence on his end , receptionist reports she answers but nothing there.

other times they will be talking and the call just drops
when the calls drop sometimes you can get them back by pressing the line key.

he says he the problem has been consistent and that it happened in their previos location and with a diffrent CLEC

the lines are all T1 broke out through clec channel bank.

I recall having the same problem on a onyx system several years ago and never being able to correct it .

we did change the loop current detection timer as did the previos company servicing the equipment and it dosnt seem to matter.

telprog

what are timing slips ?

how do we correct it ?

thanks
skip

First thing is to see if it is indeed a T1 or channel bank problem, do some test calls with your butt set hooked up to the channel bank to see if you can create the problem there.

if I'm reading your post correctly, and the customer had the trouble in a different location and different clec, the only thing common is the switch, I'd be looking toward his switch.
If there was timing slips on the D4 bank, you would hear what sounds like static on the trunks.

Being that it is breaking out to a channel bank, then it is almost like hooking up to CO lines. That's why I think they should do an easy test on the channel bank to be sure what side is having the problem,(T1 or Switch) Then we will know more of what to look for.
It is quite possible that it is a bad truck card but I wouldn't start swapping cards before I knew what side the problem is on.

Have had this problem before and it ended up being a bad card in the clec

it is a intermittent problem happens 3 or 4 times a day so its would be prety hard to uplicate with a buttset.

the two things that lead me to think it is the switch are it was happening in another location in another part of town usng a diffrent clec.

two I ran into the identical problem on a earlier version of this switch a few years ago.

I happend to run into the C.O. tech for the clec at another common customer this afternoon and he says its not likley to be anything on his side.

im thinking trunk card but I dont sell or service this equipment (other than this one) so I would have to buy the card just for this one test.

intermittent problems like this can really be a hard to troubleshoot , you may try 50 calls in a row and it works as you walk out the door the 51st call drops

Ok, then it must be the switch, I just had to be sure that the clec was a different unit then the last site.
Take a look at the Far End Disconnect (default is 300mS) try making it longer, I see you already changed the Loop Current Detection, About all I can think of.

You may want to try They have a pretty sharp moderator for Nec.

Check the Modular connectors on the CO Card. The DS systems connect to the 66 blocks with 4 pair cables. Some installers use the wrong kind of cable with the wrong kind of plugs. This system is the system that I sell 100 percent of the time. I have not run into this problem at all, all though there is a first. BUT, I would bet it would be those connectors.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back