Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIT fwd to Symposium for treatments and back to DECT phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmaksimo

Technical User
May 19, 2005
GB
We ' re trying to setup our 2250 Console to fwd NIT to a Symposium acquired CDN to better manage messages and treatments.
After treatment calls must be forwarded to a DECT phone, if that 500 is busy call should wait (music, confort messages etc).
The issue is that everythings works perfectly calling from an internal number, from an outside number if the DECT is free callers will hear the Welcome and go the DECT no problem , BUT if the DECT is already busy the call will go over and over again to the Welcome message , treated by MMail via Symposium.
We use an Opt 61 with MMail and Symp 4.2.
Thank you for any reply that can help.

asup yes on the cdn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

sorry john poole, you mean on the route ? if so is it in ld 16 ? thanks

just an update, hope makes things clearer (not for me at the moment). When calling from outside,with the console on night and the dect busy, after playing twice the welcome (I can see the call passing through the console and being forwarded by the NIT to the CDN again) if I set the console on Day the call , instead of looping again, goes in the waiting loop with music and msgs , and rings on the dect as soon as it is free, just as it should do since the beginning. Any idea ?

Still testing around, so more updates: mapping via IDC the LDN to the phantom, so bypassing the first step , the call from outside goes smoothly to Symposium treatments.But that is not a real solution as it would mean having the reception without the day option.Another thing is that I can see an err5413 when testing. Any contribution would be really appreciated, as usual when talking about reception bosses pay more attention...

If you are positive with the scripting try removing the console from the situation. I have programmed quite a few SCCS and SECC systems and have found that the most important thing is TEST, TEST, TEST. If a variable doesn't work, remove it. Testing will make sure you have the correct variable isolated.

We finally managed to have the DECT phone logged in in Symposium and the reception under script control. If anyone is interested in the details let me know.Thanks morgansdad, we tried such a lot of combinations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back