Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIM - mount: 1831-011 access denied for chnim:/images

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkc924

MIS
Aug 5, 2002
US
Hi, Looking for help with NIM problem. Trying to create lpp_source for standalone server. When running mksysb get mount error 1831-011 access denied for chnim:/images.
Have entered both servers in /etc/hosts.
Also added new server to the /etc/exports files. But when I run /usr/sbin/exportfs, it returns something totally different than what is in the exports files. Could this be the problem, and how can I correct it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There are some things that are unclear to me, you say you are trying to create lpp_source for standalone server and then you mention that when running a mksysb you get mount error..

First off what is the problem when creating the standalone server lpp_source??

Second when running mksysb is this a NIM load you are referring to or are you talking about creating a mksysb of the standalone server?

Third have you entered the host into NIM as a client?

Just trying to gather some more background info to help work you towards a resolution..

-FrankieAIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back