Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIM mksysb

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkc924

MIS
Aug 5, 2002
US
Hi Guys -
I am in need of a script to create weekly mksysb images of several servers. Currently I have the client contacting the master server once a week and exporting the image over to the master. Is there a script where all of it would take place on the master that would be more efficient and safer? I had the master server go down last week and there was an nfs mount hung on all the clients resulting in rebooting them.. Not Cool...any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. The mksysb's need to run weekly.
thanks.

I prefer to use scp (or rcp) with the NIM server acting as the control workstation. I set up public key authentication (for scp) and the NIM master pulls the mksysb file from the clients at a preset interval. That way I never have to worry about NFS flaking out.

Jim Hirschauer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back