Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NIM help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marksmen

Technical User
Feb 4, 2003
US
Trying to define a new lppsource after copying an existing one to a new directory with a different name. Here is the smit panel I am using:

Define a Resource

Type or select values in entry fields.
Press Enter AFTER making all desired changes.

[Entry Fields]
* Resource Name [lpp_source61tl4_sp2]
* Resource Type lpp_source
* Server of Resource [master] +
* Location of Resource /export/lpp_source/aix61tl4_sp2> /
NFS Client Security Method ] +
NFS Version Access [] +
Architecture of Resource [] +
Source of Install Images [] +/
Names of Option Packages []
Show Progress [yes] +
Comments []

Below is the output:

0042-001 nim: processing error encountered on "master":
0042-081 m_mk_lpp_source: a resource already exists on "master" at location "/export/lpp_source"; due to NFS export restrictions, the new location "/export/lpp_source/aix61tl4_sp2" may not be used

I checked exportfs and it shows /export/lpp_source was exported. I removed it from exports and restarted nfs with the same results. The directory name for the new lppsource is unique and does not match any that were already there before I started. As a test, I moved the aix61tl4_sp2 directory to a new location and was able to successfully define the lppsource to NIM then.

delete the new lpp source directory you had copied manually and instead create it specifying in your (above) command:

Source of Install Images [here_select_your_source(old)_lpp_source] +/

pres F4 or esc-4 to select old lpp source in the smit menu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back