Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauriceMoss

Technical User
Apr 9, 2008
GB
Hi,

I've got something strange going on with Night Service.

I've got the Night Service timer, ON TIME parameter set to NO i.e. manual control.

From the attendant console, when you enter either #184 or #185 for night service 1 or 2, it just reports that the system is in day service. Nothing changes.

I tried #1993 just out of interest to see if it would let me switch between manual and timed night service and I get the same thing. Basically it is reporting the state it is in, not changing it. I confirmed this by changing the state through CLI and it reported the change I made.

The COS for the attendant is set to allow this function.

Any ideas why #184, #185 is not changing the night service state?

Also, i've got this nagging thought that there is an issue with using Night Service with a PRI. It shoudl be ok? right?

Cheers in advance.

You need to use the Activation/Deactivation code after you've dialed the feature code. These are default as #10/#11 I think but depending on your NPL they may be different. Check NPL,0,5,10 (to display the EDIT functions). But if you've got #184/185 on a button you shouldn't need those codes now (used to years ago).

And nope, Night Service is for PSTN only. For ISDN calls will terminate, usually, at a hunt//boss group so use the call forward (#168) for that on a button. If they want auto night service then I think you can apply a Timed Forward on those (check this though, might only be for xtns). But it sounds like you're pressing buttons so put the #168 hhhh on a button (where hhhh=hunt/boss group num) and it will light when pressed to show it's active or off to show it's inactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back