Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

night service

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvrbob

Technical User
Jun 23, 2004
US
Tadiran Coral
night service with the bell ringing over paging was working up till this weekend, now when a call comes in the line seize up and does not ring , day it rings the console , when you turn on shows night1 Time, the line called shows Co 1 Busy Bell 0,
another thing the DSS does not work, does this have anything to do with the external pwr. supply feeding the console

or am i looking at 2 different problems, am not a tadrian tech, lifted the jumper off labeled night to paging amp to prove not the amp

or is this a board problem or software ?

1. External DSS module requires power to work

2. Is the bell the only thing that rings at night? What does the caller hear - ringtone or something else? I assume this is analogue PSTN lines (as you can't do night service with ISDN). When you say 'shows Co 1 Busy Bell 0' I assume that this shows on the phone screen when you press a DSS button that's programmed for CO1 - if so, that just shows that the trunk is busy and it's 'speaking' with the bell which is normal.

Thanks
when i press the co dss,it is solid ,say's busy , but on my cell the line is still ringing,

May be a mute point as they just call & told me the console is now down no lights, other phones can still work & call out. Just can't get outside calls

on the side car DSS ,could be one of three ,console ,bad pwr, or the DSS, now that the console is not working

If your console is down, your sidecar is down also. Power or no power.

Dss was down first, now both

Down" - what does that mean? Nothing on the screen at all or one of the 'Phase x complete' messages on the screen?

Sounds like you've got more issues that your bell to sort out.

As for pressing a DSS trunk button, that will show you what's happening with trunk. In this case it's "busy" talking to the bell. You'll always hear ringtone on your end because it's PSTN trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back