Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service to Voice Mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

imalc1

Technical User
Mar 18, 2009
US
I am have a problem getting night service to be answered by voice mail. We have a 3Gsi with an Intiuity Audix for hospitality.

I can get the night service to ring at any extension by changing the night service numbers in the "change listed-directory-numbers" and "change trunk-group 2" screens. However voice mail will not pickup. When a call comes into the mail attendant number the night service extension will just ring and ring.

Voice mail is configured on the night service extension and works fine if the extension is dialed directly.

I am missing something but have been unable to find the solution through Google or this forum archives.

What do I need to do to get this working?

Thanks for your help,

Using a vector and putting in time of day rules, you should be able to route the calls to Vmail, but if you want to activate night service using the console, I would send the calls to a VDN which points to a vector, which then sends the callers to a vmailbox.

I just had this same problem and the fix was creating a VDN with the VDN in the listed directory night svc. The vector should point to night bell and also making it an attendant vector, but NOT ADDING the VDN number on the console paramaters attendant vector. By doing this it would then follow the coverage path of the night bell when the console was put into night mode.

I got it working without a VDN. First I assigned a soft number to the night destination. Example 2049. I then forwarded the 2049 to the VM hunt group number 5555. Then in the VM I assigned a mail box to the Main listed directory number 5000. The flow of the call is when the night button is pressed the call is sent to 2046 ===> forwarded to 5555 mail box 5000. Mailbox is a auto attendant It is after hours please call back during regular business hours. Press 0 if the is a emergency. If user presses 0 call goes to 24X7 desk.

Works well.
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Ed, that's how we're doing it too. If I remember correctly that method is described in the Administrator's Guide as well.

Same results here, I couldn't get it to work any other way. Night service on, route to vdn/vector, route to vmail auto attendant, enter extension number, route extension, cover to voicemail if no answer.

Any other way it would ring the extension, but no cover.

Night Service = coverage = no double coverage.

Thanks,
Wildcard

Hi All,

Thank you for your help. I am still unable to get the night service to roll to a voice mail box.

I've attempted to follow 1a22ip's instructions, including trying to find these steps in the Administration Guide. My main issue is that I cant find out what a VM hunt group is and how to create one. Can you please give me some additional detail.

Also if it is simpler, I need all incoming calls (night service or not) to roll into a VM box. Please let me know if there is an easier way to do this?

Thanks you,

Your help is greatly appreciated

I routed the call to voicemail using the lead hunt group number of voicemail. I created a auto attendant on voicemail using the Listed Directory Number (LDN). This is how I got it to work.

Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back