Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night service problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2004
US
I Know I am just missing something here. I have a BCM 400 4.0, I have a Tennant on the switch that needs a separate Night Service created. I setup Sched 6 for ringing service, DN 5624 is the attend. Have lines 488 and 489 that ring to this set. control set on these lines is set to 5624, control set on 5624 is set to 5624, lines are in ring group 10 voicemail dn is set to ring group 10 488 and 489 are assigned to ring group 10. When I try to use feature 871 from DN 5624 it allows me to page thru the night services but when I select Sched 6 it tells me Access Denied.

I have done this alot on norstars. Maybe its age ,I know I have to be missing something.

Thanks.

Make sure that Sched 6 is set for Auto or Manual.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

are these line public? test it with just 1 line at a time
Are the other 5 schedules used?
Like digitalD said test it with auto mode as well

The line type is set to public.I set it to auto and set the schedule, but it is still not working.I tried feature 871 from the phone it still is giving me access denied.

when you went to ring groups then line settings did you change Sched 6 to ring group 10, I see you say the lines are set to ring group 10, but did you do it there? I just set it up right now on a 200 rrunning 4.0 and made it work fine, I will try to look at all my steps.

when you are doing Auto ...no need to do a feature 871.
When the time setting matches it activates the schedule

I am aware that the auto setting activates the service, I am just trying anything at this point.

I also have it set in ring groups for schedule 6.

So auto works (as per programming) just manual says access denied?

I am going back out to site on wed. I am going to try using another sched. and another ext. just to test. I am stumped at this point.

I would hate to have to call Nortel with this issue, their support has been Less than helpful latley.

You have to set the control set for the specific line that you wish to control as 5624. You've set up the ringing right if you wanted it to go to voicemail and put the voicemail DN in the ring group. You set up the extension as the attendant, but the control set is what you missed.

If the Ring Group control set is changed from default to another set, the new
control set sees "Denied in Admin" when pressing F871. The originally-assigned
control set is still able to control the service. This can only be corrected
by a power cycle of the BCM.

The above is from the information in the new patch for the BCM v4. Patch number BCM.R400.SU.System.002-200708

Dont know whether this helps

Regards

I have a 4.0 box that allowed me to build the night ring service but it wouldn't recognize it until the 400 was rebooted and power cycled. After that, night ring worked as expected.

I found the answer in another forum that indicated that this was a glitch in the 4.0 build. My system was fully patched, by the way.

Thanks Guys,I am going back out to site on wed. I will try cycling the power, I have not tried that yet.

Patch all current patches, I had same issue. Did all patches and then Night Service worked. Had it programmed correctly all along~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back