Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night service loud speaker ringing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephoneboy

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
US
I am installing a Mics 6.1 system. replacing old executone system. When they put the phone system in night service there phones ring thru a loud speaker system before being answered by voice mail after 4 rings. Can I set up the nortel to ring over loud speaker. I know how to set up night survice to go to voice mail etc. Any help would be appreciated.

thephoneboy

We usually install a M7100 or equivalent on the system and program it with "Night Ring" (Or whatever service mode you need) then, use the loud ring contact from the bottom of the phone to the input of a paging system. Then you hear ringing, either a directed call pickup to the 7100 set or Group Pickup.

If you don't have a 7100, go in parralell with a specific telephone's speaker leads thru a matching transformer and into your page amp.

Both work great!

Lance

You can hook up an aux ringer and turn in on for the lines in Night Service.

Try the Algo Duet Plus or the Bogen NR100.

PhM

Its been a while since I've done it, but if you have a Bogen AMP like a TPU 100 there is a connection for the external ring function, connect this to the external ring on the Norstar and you shouldn't need any additional equipment. I've used the Duet Plus when all I didn't have an Amp and it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back