Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Service Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpfish

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2001
GB
I am trying to set up call forwarding on night service to a mailbox for all DID calls. The policy of the company is to have only one mailbox but have all calls diverted to that mailbox when in night service. Can anyone help.

Hi
First see what is set if anything
LD 21
REQ prt
TYPE nit
CUST 0

Look at NIT 1...
to change this
LD 15
REQ chg
TYPE NIT
CUST 0
NIT 1 to v/mail ext. number..

Hope this helps

I have checked this and changed it to an extension that has a mailbox. However, when a call comes in when on night service a voice message says this extension does not subscribe to voice mail.

Hi
OK the meridian will not let you leave a message in a mailbox after call forward has been activated, it reverts back to the originall ext number, so if your calls go to say 0 (switchboard)then you need to create a v/mail account for 0 (zero) and change NIT 1 to your v/mail access number (mine is 7999)
Try that
Colin

Hi
OK the meridian will not let you leave a message in a mailbox after call forward has been activated, it reverts back to the originall ext number, so if your calls go to say 0 (switchboard)then you need to create a v/mail account for 0 (zero) and change NIT 1 to your v/mail access number (mine is 7999)
Try that
Colin

Try using the night idc tables in ld 49 to convert to a no that you would create as a either a phantom ext cfw to a vmailbox, or maybe an ann serv or menu sevice you could acd q the call or default as an unused no to att which would then rcv nite treatment,you could also use various tod schedules

I have tried the following with no success.

REQ: PRT
TYPE: NIT
TYPE NIT_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE NIT_DATA
CUST 00
NIT1 7006
TIM1
NIT2
TIM2
NIT3
TIM3
NIT4
TIM4
RPNS NO
ENS NO

Any more suggestions?

Every time I try LD 49 I get OVL309

Hi
Firstly OVL 309 means that you do not have access to that overlay , you need to have a higher password...
second,, what number do you dial to access your voice/mail ?

Normally 7000, but when this is set the call gets this extention does not subscribe to voicemail for all extension with no mailbox. What I'm trying to do is to forward all calls at night to one mailbox. The company has 300 DDI numbers but only 5 have mailboxes.

do your calls go to an attendant during the day if so what is the number

No all DDI calls go to there DDI numbers.

Hi
Well i have never done this without a ATT console being present,,, not to sure how to proceed,, my thinking is maybe a day IDC table and a night IDC table with a key programmed to DRC on a set to toggle between them, but this is not a good solution, if you have people working late they will not see any calls if night service is running..all this is no good if the DRC key is not set when the last person leaves the building ...I will ponder this, maybe someone else will have a better solution...sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back