Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Night Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Turske

Systems Engineer
Jul 12, 2022
US
I ended up replacing the broken MICS from my other post. I have all the sets reprogrammed and a new CallPilot 150 setup.

They had a night mode configured that rang over the paging system. I have identified the number as 291. when that number is dialed, it "rings" over the paging system.

So how they did this before:
During the day, the phones are answered by an operator and the calls are distributed. There are only 5 phones that have the lines configured on them that can answer the calls. At 4pm the operator put the system in night mode and the calls then also ring on the overhead paging.

So I'm trying to figure out how this was programmed on the old system. I still can not get into that system to see. I'm thinking that a call group was used for the night mode that had all the sets in it that needed to ring and also the overhead paging?

Can someone help me through how to program this?

So this is what I have done. Someone please tell me if I messed up:

Under Services, Ringing service, Ring Groups, I setup ring group 001 to have 291 only.
Under Services, Sched:Night, Service:Manual, Trunk Answer:Y, ExtraDial:221, Line Settings, Made all lines Ring Grp:001
Then I went into Services, Common Settings, Control Sets, For Lines, made them all 221 (Operator Phone)
Lastly, I setup a F*3 button to be F871.

I have confirmed that the button works and turns night mode on and off.

My question at tis point: Any phone that has the lines as Appr&Ring will continue to ring on night mode, or do I have to add them to the group?

I believe when the users hear the phone ringing over the paging system, they go to a phone that has the lines configured as "Appr&Ring" and answer the phone. Is there a better way to do this or is this how it's done?

-They can press the flashing line/button.
-Use Pickup Group, put 291 into the same group as the rest of the sets.
-You can add sets with 291 too but be aware of a mailbox interfering.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I thought about the pickup group as well, but this issue is, this is a facility for troubled boys. The phone sets that have the line appearances are in offices that only the supervisors have access to. I don't want to have just "anyone" able to pickup that phone. "Boys will be Boys"

So when in night mode, the sets that have appr&ring will not ring? This is acceptable because voicemail will not pickup!

Sounds like your best with the Pickup Group choice then.

As for the office sets, I think they continue to ring because they are told to do so.
If they in fact do ring in night mode then play with the FNA timers.

Having a reception phone ring when in night mode is not usually an issue because they are gone at night.

You could just change up the AA greeting to press X for after hours staff.

You should quiz the client further.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Yes, I'm going to go see them tomorrow and ask about an AA. I think that would be the better way to go in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back